Birdsedge Village Hall has long been a part of the local community and has a great history within the Village.
Birdsedge village itself is a tiny rural village, coupled with the adjacent hamlet of High Flatts. The villages are set high on the edge of the Yorkshire Pennines, almost a thousand feet above sea level, in England’s rugged north.
Vthe Village Hall has been recently refurbished as is now the centre for various social, education and arts events, which are run throughout the year which ensures that the whole community has a wide and varied calendar of activities. Numerous local groups use the hall as base for their activities and the Hall is also open for private and corporate use.
The halls renovation was sponsored by:
The National Lottery BIG Community Buildings Programme, Kirklees Council access Grant, Kirklees Council Community Grant Scheme, The Bernard Sunley Trust, The Charles Haywood Foundation, Age Concern, Denby Dale Parish Council, The Yorkshire Building Society, The Low Carbons Building Programme, Denby Dale Area Committee and numerous local residents past and present.
Many thanks to all of the above.
Upcoming Events in Birdsedge...
- Management Meeting on June 6, 2017 8:00 pm
- Quiz Night on June 30, 2017 8:00 pm
- Management Meeting on July 4, 2017 8:00 pm
- Quiz Night on July 28, 2017 8:00 pm
- Management Meeting on August 1, 2017 8:00 pm
- Quiz Night on August 25, 2017 8:00 pm
- Management Meeting on September 5, 2017 8:00 pm
- Quiz Night on September 29, 2017 8:00 pm
- Management Meeting on October 3, 2017 8:00 pm
- Quiz Night on October 27, 2017 8:00 pm